Thursday, August 14th, 2014
To Infinity and Beyond!
One lucky Australian receives the ultimate upgrade, to Space Class.
Everyone loves to be upgraded when they fly, so we recently asked ourselves how we could take this concept to new heights. In a world first initiative we gave members of our award-winning Velocity Frequent Flyer program the opportunity to win the ultimate upgrade, to Space Class.
For their chance to become one of just a handful of people to have the opportunity to travel to Space we asked what they would do to receive the upgrade. The response was incredible and supported research which showed the majority of Australians harbour ambitions to travel to Space.
The once in a lifetime opportunity includes:
- An exclusive seat on board SpaceshipTwo, the world’s first commercial manned spaceship
- Certified astronaut status
- Velocity Frequent Flyer Platinum membership
- Unique experiences and events at Spaceport in New Mexico
- Visit to Mojave Spaceport to see construction progress first hand, science behind commercial space travel and test flights
- VIP invitations to media events and astronaut forums
- Access to a unique global network of first time certified astronauts from around the world
After an exhaustive judging process we would like to congratulate Scott Copeland for the Upgrade To Space. Scott told us that when he was in grade 5 he was told by his primary school teacher that he would never become an astronaut. His pledge, if he was upgraded to space class, was to find his teacher to tell her that dreams can come true.
He will soon be heading into space to join a select group of people who have ever witnessed Earth from such heights.
We will be following Scott’s progress throughout his training and preparations for take-off.
Make sure you follow Velocity Frequent Flyer on Facebook here to keep follow his journey. You can also join Velocity Frequent Flyer by clicking here to find out about new initiatives and to take advantage of all of the benefits the program offers.