Posts Tagged ‘Passbook’
Tuesday, September 18th, 2012
Like many of our guests, we’ve been eagerly anticipating the launch of iOS6, iPhone 5, and the much speculated Passbook.
A digital wallet that stores boarding passes, Passbook is an innovative new application that is set to help streamline Mobile Check-in and boarding processes.
We are proud to confirm that Virgin Australia will be the first Australian airline to provide guests with Passbook-compatible boarding passes.
The move to integrate with Passbook is just one of the steps we’re taking to make travel more convenient for our guests.
How Passbook works:
• Upon completion of Mobile Check-in you will be sent a SMS link to your boarding pass.
• Click the link and open your boarding pass.
• If you have iOS6, a pop-up window will ask you to add your boarding pass to Passbook.
• Click “Add” and your boarding pass will be stored in your Passbook.
• When you are ready to board your flight, a Passbook alert will appear on your lock screen.
• Unlock your phone and open Passbook.
• Passbook will automatically retrieve the stored boarding pass applicable to your flight.
• Make your way to the airport gate and present this boarding pass to board.
Passbook means you no longer have to frantically search through your wallet or carry-on for your boarding pass.
iPhone users who aren’t ready to upgrade to iPhone 5 can obtain Passbook by simply updating their operating system to iOS6. Passbook is supported by iPhones dating back to iPhone 3GS.
Non-iPhone users will also receive our updated mobile boarding passes, which come colour-coded according to status for Velocity members.
Note: Passbook is not available to users with default browsers other than safari.
Skip the queues at the airport – use your web-enabled phone to check in and obtain your mobile boarding pass. Discover how to check in using Mobile Check-in.