Posts Tagged ‘queensland’
Monday, January 16th, 2012
Let’s start the year with good news!
Not only have we begun the year with the inaugural commercial flight between Brisbane and Emerald, but we have announced that from today, tickets are on-sale for a double daily return service between Melbourne and Perth, operated by our Airbus A330.
From May 14th 2012, the Airbus A330 will operate two daily return services including a daily peak-return morning service from Melbourne to Sydney. Read more »
Wednesday, December 21st, 2011
We have today announced the opening of our first-ever Lounge at Mackay Airport as well as including extra weekday flights between the central Queensland city and Brisbane.
On sale today for travel from 5 March 2012, the new service will see us operating a total of 78 flights per week between Mackay and Brisbane, which is the greatest frequency offered by any airline on this route (we also operate a daily direct, return Sydney-Mackay service on our Embraer aircraft). Read more »
Thursday, August 18th, 2011
Mackay’s newest sporting and entertainment venue will now carry the name Virgin Australia Stadium Mackay, following our three-year naming rights sponsorship announcement.
As part of our commitment to the area, we will also be opening a new Lounge and offering Business Class services before the end of 2011.
The new 260m² Mackay Lounge will offer:
· lounge seating for up to 70 Guests
· Premium Luke Mangan designed refreshments
· A premium selection of beverages
· Business services including complimentary WiFi, power, PC and printer
· Entertainment and relaxation with newspapers, premium magazine titles and a Panasonic high definition flat screen television featuring FOXTEL and free-to-air programming.