You may travel regularly with us but how much do you really know about Virgin Australia? We’ve compiled ten things you may not know about.
- Virgin Australia flies around 20 million passengers each year – that’s almost one flight for each Australian, every year.
- Cats and dogs can earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Points when they travel with us.
- There are a team of meteorologists that sit in Virgin Australia’s operations centre to monitor weather patterns and ensure that weather disruptions are kept to a minimum.
- Our aircraft are all named after Australian bodies of water, such as beaches, lakes and bays.
- More than 1.5 million people have checked in to Virgin Australia lounges and terminals in Australia and across the world on Facebook.
- Gold and Platinum Velocity Frequent Flyers have access to a Premium Entry at Sydney Airport and Premium Exit at Melbourne Airport. This gives them access to exclusive security screening points to avoid queues during peak travel times.
- Virgin Australia has an in-house doctor and 24-hour medical team.
- Our fleet has almost doubled in size in the past 5 years.
- Our flight network can take you to more than 450 destinations worldwide.
- At any time during the day Virgin Australia has about 80 aircraft in the air.
Don’t forget our website has lots of helpful information about our airline.