Virgin Australia has just announced an exclusive charter flight for motorsport fans which will see them take a day-trip to the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 hour race where they will receive exclusive money can’t buy experiences. That got us thinking about our many guests who fly interstate for business and return the same day. We’ve compiled a list of travel hacks to help make your day trip as stress-free and productive as possible.
1. Carry noise-cancelling headphones. For those who like to work on their flights, this will help guarantee a distraction-free trip, whether you’re enjoying our complimentary in-flight entertainment, or simply cutting out aircraft background noise to help you relax and sleep.
2. Don’t wear white. Chances are you won’t be carrying a spare change of clothes and Murphy’s Law suggests that this is exactly when you will spill something on your clothes. Our advice – stick to dark coloured clothes to minimise the impact of a spill.
3. Write and send your emails on board. They will be queued in your outbox and can be sent on arrival.
4. Check in online and send your boarding pass to your mobile phone. This is simple to do in the taxi on your way to the airport and will give you one less thing to worry about when you arrive.
5. Carry-on luggage will save you time at the start and end of your flight. Just remember that the carry-on allowance is 7kg which for most people will be more than enough for a day trip.
6. Stay charged. Travelling for a day trip means you are on the road and not always close to a power outlet. Take along a portable charging device so you stay powered up throughout the day.
7. Day trips mean early starts. Book your taxi the night before.
8. Make use of the lounge. With a tight time schedule you can catch up on emails, make some phone calls and eat a meal before each of your flights. If you are not a lounge member there are a number of ways to fast track your way to Gold Velocity Frequent Flyer status such as Family Pooling. Alternatively, single use lounge passes are available for purchase at the front desk.
9. Breeze through security. Keep your laptop and any aerosols in an easy to reach spot or separate compartment within your bag. When going through security you will need to remove these items so it is always helpful to keep them somewhere easily accessible.
10. Premium Entry. Are you a Gold or Platinum Velocity Frequent Flyer? Our Sydney and Brisbane lounges have Premium Entry giving you kerbside lounge access and an exclusive security screening point. Our Melbourne lounge features Premium Exit, offering a dedicated security screening point that will have you arriving at your gate in record time.
11. Travelling interstate for a big presentation? Carry it on a USB or hard drive as well as your laptop. This will help if you are having computer issues or if you need to run your presentation from a central office computer.
For those of you looking for a day trip that doesn’t involve work, check out our exclusive day-trip packages to the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 hour race at www.virginaustralia.com/bathurst